Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 14. Another day inside

Sorting documents.
 More rain this morning, so after breakfast, I started sorting my paperwork. I ripped up old bank statements, mobile phone, and Eidos haulout contracts, flight information and boarding passes and left them out in the cockpit to soak and disintegrate. The rest I filed away again. I'm trying to reduce the amount of stuff I have on the boat but it's a never-ending process. 
Tempting but deadly?


The farmers' market was canceled today but Kevin from Sunshine, down on my dock got me some apples. I left the bag outside and washed my hands carefully after getting it, conscious now of how many times I touched something that could have had the virus on it: the coins in my purse, the purse itself, the bum bag I keep the coin purse in, the plastic bag with the apples, Kevin's hand as we exchanged the apples and the coin. Boggles the mind. 
So far, no new cases of the virus on the island, but it's only been a few days since the first case was discovered so anyone who came in contact with the man could be harbouring it and only a few more days from displaying symptoms. I'm getting paranoid. The invisible enemy that could be near and we just can't see it.
Statistics: As of January 2020, the population of Greece was estimated to be 10,758,273 people.
14,363 tested, 6,800 quarantined, 1,061 confirmed, 69 in ICU, 65 intubated, 32 dead. 

No comments: