Saturday, April 13, 2024

Greece or Poland?

As my plan is unfolding, and I see that sometime in the future I might need to give up living onboard, I am faced with another quandary. Greece or Poland? Where do I want to spend most of my time once Eidos sells? Poland is where my roots are or Greece where I feel happiest? I suppose I will make that decision when the time comes. Perhaps I will keep moving every six months. Perhaps I will continue to rent a small (and cheap) apartment in a different place each winter and return to my boat each summer (as long as I am able to do this physically). I seem to be doing this already. But it needs to be near the sea and sunny. Perhaps just like what my friend in the marina says, "they will have to carry me off the boat."
Meanwhile, what I find surprising is how easily I give the equivalent of €600/ month to my landlord for rent, yet how difficult it has been for me to spend money on improving Eidos. No more! Once I give notice on the apartment, I will have more money for Eidos.

No comments: