Monday, April 15, 2024

Final preparations for launching.

We have agreed with the boatyard on a launch date: two days from today - Wednesday. Tomorrow, the annode for the propeller should arrive. 
Today and tomorrow we antifoul one coat each day. Luckily, the boatyard has everything I need, so we don't have to go to town for supplies.
First, I taped all around the waterline. 
Then, while scraping off the few remaining barnacles from the hull, I noticed some damage on the bottom of the rudder. I had bounced once or twice on a rock in the anchorage near Aegina town last summer. Good thing the scrape dried out through the winter and Takis agreed to do the repair.
Meanwhile, I got started on the antifouling using, I hope, paint that with two coats will last two years.

Hempel at €125 for 2.5 litres. Dark navy is not my favourite colour but it got delivered, and no one will see it under water except the fish. 
Watch the hair on the wet paint!
Roane's turn with the paint roller.
Time to get som cash for the boatyard and some supplies.

No comments: