Thursday, May 18, 2017

Life at anchor

Windy day at anchor

It's two in the morning and blowing tonight (usually the nights have been calm), so I'm up wishing I could go back to sleep but the halyards are slapping the mast and I can't do anything about it. It's not strong wind, just noisy and unusually persistent. But at least it's not raining. When I poked my head out, the stars were twinkling all over the sky. Might make a cup of coffee.
I've been taking it easy for the past few days. Reading, baking, cooking. Meeting with friends, going for walks on the beach. I cleaned the dinghy's bottom one day as it was getting a bit fuzzy. 
We've  had a bit of rain recently and the wind from all over the place. I'm wondering if the chain isn't all twisted around on the bottom from Eidos swinging around like a mad clock hand. 
New crew is coming this Sunday to sail for a couple of weeks and I'm hoping he will help with re-caulking of the decks. Big job.
More rain and wind predicted for Sunday and Monday when Graham arrives - what an introduction to sailing in sunny Greece!

No comments: