Monday, April 15, 2019

Getting ready to launch. With help.

My crew, Paige arrived and right away got to work. Paige is a law student from Florida, traveling through Europe, and is on board for a couple of weeks to help me with my launch. Hopefully, we'll also sail before she has to go back home.

We cleaned out the v-berth to make room for her and while I sorted the winter and summer clothes, Paige cleaned (again) and moved her things from the main cabin to the v-berth.
Paige has been on board for a week and has done a great job cleaning, scrubbing, and sanding. Here, she is swabbing the deck.

It's time to clean out the ice-box.





I varnished the cabin dining table after Paige sanded it. I get the fun jobs!
And here, Paige is sanding the waterline stripe in preparation for painting. She also sanded the dinghy floorboards.


And I painted them.

Paige cleaned around the steering quadrant.

 
and we repaired the wheel stop block. And then, I took apart two valves, cleaned and lubricated them.

Finally, all the trash off the boat.

And finally, time for a visit to Preveza and a break from work.




No comments: