Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eagerly waiting for spring

I have only one image of Eidos under sail and I can't seem to find it - must get some more made this summer. Meanwhile, here is one of her and me at anchor in the Bahamas in early 2004. You can see more photos on the Eidos page, or the slide show to your right.
Eidos has been my home for the past eight years and over time I have accumulated more and more "stuff." Books mostly - I hate to part with them, but perhaps now is the time to sort through them and send some to the swap shelves. 
I am also looking for another dinghy, the old one finally succumbed to wear and tear, and was no longer safe or practical. 
It's been quite cold here recently but as the weather warms up, I'll be starting on some jobs outside and in two or three months, she should be ready for the sea again. I am really looking forward to sailing again.

4 comments:

T said...

Hi I'm Canadian student traveling to Europe this summer. I saw your post on Cruiser's forum. I plan to land somewhere along the Mediterranean Sea in July, I'm hoping to sail on the Mediterranean sea for the first time. I have some sailing experience back on the lake but not in ocean. If the position is still available please let me know. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I am also very interested in crewing!
I have some sailing experience and speak several languages.
Are you still offering crewing positions?
If so can you please contact me on marlene.jahnke at Hotmail.com
Thanks!
Marlene

Barbara Molin said...

Thank you for your interest in sailing with me on Eidos. At this time, she needs some work done so I am not sure how soon I will be launching. If you have boat maintenance skills and are interested in trading those in exchange for sailing I'd love to hear from you. It's serious work such as taking the teak deck off and fiberglassing as well as maintenance on the sea valves.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara
Siamo una coppia di 56 anni e abbiamo deciso di mollare tutto e vivere in barca a vela sicuramente fino ad ottobre. Sono preatico di lavori su motori, impianti elettrici e manutenzione in generale. Devo avere il tempo di "chiudere" le faccende terricole e penso di essere libero in un paio di settimane. Se ti รจ possibile aspettare saremo ben contenti di aiutarti a sistemare Eidos.
saluti
da Giancarlo e Rosy